Pine Mountain Gold Museum
We are here to help preserve the rich history of Villa Rica's gold mining industry for over a hundred years. As we have progressed in constructing our beautiful museum, many of our citizens have brought in memories which have become artifacts displayed for your enjoyment. Most of our exhibits were found right here on Pine Mountain in Villa Rica dating back to the early 1800's and some exhibits date back to 12,000 BC!
The museum's state of the art security system protects these precious memories. We invite you to bring the family and enjoy a day in the park, a picnic in our covered pavilion, panning for gold, a tour of the intact ruins of Pine Mountain's gold mines on the mountain and a viewing of the museum exhibits.
Pine Mountain Gold Museum offers:
- A 4,800 square foot museum.
- A 50-seat theater with a 20-minute documentary of the history of the Villa Rica mines.
- A covered gold and gemstone panning area.
- An authentic grist mill and water-wheel.
- A 27-acre park with over three miles of self-guided walking trails with interpretive signage.
- Knowledgeable guides available for group tours of 15 or more.
- A covered picnic pavilion.
- West GAs only authentic 19th Century gold stamp mill.
- GAs only gold museum located at the site of an actual gold mine and with gold and gem panning on-site.
- Live farm animal exhibit!
- Pine Mountain Scenic Railroad with 1/2 mile tour around the mountain.
Please be our guest in discovering all that Villa Rica has to offer in the way of history and tourism. Affordable fun for the entire family!
Pine Mountain Gold Museum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media